Are you interested in Global Health or Community Health Worker Programs? Good at research and writing? Skilled in website design or marketing?
CHW Central needs interns to help us maintain, develop and promote CHW Central, an online community of practice hosting over 1,000 resources and providing the latest research, training curricula, and state-of-the-art guidance to support community health workers and programs.
Currently there is a global shortage of 7.2 million health workers. CHWs help fill this gap by supporting efforts to:
- ensure TB patients take their medications in the Congo,
- remind and escort pregnant women to ANC and PNC clinics in Tanzania,
- treat infants and children for diarrhea and respiratory infections in Mali, and
- care for families dealing with HIV in Uganda.
In the US, CHWs support people in underserved communities to achieve better health by improving access to family planning services and childcare assistance, managing diabetes and hypertension, and many other essential services.
CHW Central seeks motivated interns with an interest in developing skills in research, writing, communications and design to support the dissemination of information on issues, policies, and best practices to the global and domestic CHW community. Our interns are essential to content development and promotion, and interact with CHW program experts as part of their responsibilities.
- Review news and literature and identify appropriate resources for the site
- Write resource summaries and post materials
- Manage the latest news and events
- Help develop ideas for features; communicate with partners to solicit material; edit and curate content
- Support daily website management
- A BA from an accredited institution; a master’s degree; or work toward a master’s degree
(preferred concentrations: public health, social work, communications, or social science)
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Desire to learn about the work, challenges, and practices of both domestic and international CHWs
- Understanding of website design and maintenance and/or experience with social media marketing and communication strategies
An interest in community health, communications, and health human resources
- Ability to monitor trends using Google Analytics or desire to learn
Internship Details 15 hours per week (remote) | Jan-May, Jun-Sep, or Oct-Dec
To Apply Email your CV, cover letter, and a writing sample to info AT chwcentral.org